Date: July 8th, 2019
Reporting to: Business Development Manager
Education & Language:
- Fluently bilingual in English/French is an asset – Oral/Written
- University degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Psychology or Political Science is preferred
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years experience writing content
- Demonstrable experience applying the Creative Process to marketing projects and assignments. Examples welcome and will be treated as confidential material.
- Experience transform multiple sources into concise easy-to-read and compelling pieces
- Experience within the IT industry, services and solutions (e.g. devices, software, professional services, network solutions) is preferred
- Demonstrable experience with using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams)
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
- Advanced written and presentation communication skills
- Resourceful team-player, with the ability to be effective independently
Description of the Position:
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Content Writer will support Northern Micro’s internal and external communication requirements. You will be part of our growing team and will have the opportunity to help define our brand in the marketplace. You must enjoy working within a small, hard working team that is outcome and result-driven. To be successful in this position, you need to be a passionate writer, coming up with ideas all the time, and be effective in apply the creative process to turn ideas and concepts into a reality.
You will be part of the Marketing Team and will be responsible for the successful production of various written materials that meet our communication objectives. You will also be involved with various projects that require creative and skilled writing in collaboration with other departments at Northern Micro. You will perform in-depth research from various sources to understand the technology solutions we sell and translate technical jargon into concise and persuasive customer benefits that is easy-to-read for the intended reader, with the ultimate objective of supporting profitable growth in our chosen markets we compete in.
Working closely with our Graphic Designer and the Business Development Manager, you will be part of high-performance, results-driven team that produces high-quality, creative, engaging and professional materials that communicate our value proposition to our customers and other interested parties.
You will also work with our Bid Response and Business Development team to assist with the creation of various materials that support our ability to secure new customers with our products and solutions. Ideally, you will have proven experience writing with precision for a variety of documentation types including Responses to Proposals, Statements of Work, Process Documentation, Manuals, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Completes a variety of writing tasks, projects including: webpages, brochures, case studies, success stories, advertising copy, solution briefs, flyers, responding to Request for Proposals; creating Project Proposals; Statements of Work; presentations; e-mail newsletters; posts on social media; press releases, etc.
Develop content by researching various sources and by interviewing subject matter experts within the company or with our partners. Sources include webinars/lectures that are not publicly available, recorded whiteboarding sessions, technical whitepapers, industry intelligence reports (e.g. Forrester, IDC, or Gartner), etc.
Ensure all communication material to be published are consistent in our intended brand messaging, professional, authentic, and concise in nature.
Monitor social media trends, posting appropriate content on our social media channels to develop our reach. Assist with the conceptualization of creative concepts for our marketing events, campaigns, advertisements, or other activities to engage our customers, partners or staff.
Prioritizing conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on requests and projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
To apply for this position, please email to HR@nmicro.ca
Please include a cover letter along with a portfolio of selected work.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Date: July 8th, 2019
Department: Finance & Administration
Reporting to: Director of Finance
Salary Range: $40,000 – $47,000
The overall function of an accounts receivable clerk is responsible for process revenue, manage payments received, and ensure financial transactions are maintained up to date and accurately. The accounts receivable clerk must comply with company established policies and procedures.
Education/ Language Requirements:
- University degree or college diploma is preferred, or some accounting courses, or equivalent experience.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is required.
- At least 1 year of accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience in collections and invoicing is required.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices
- Hands-on experience with software programs, such as Excel and Word.
- Experience in financial reporting and analysis is an asset
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Prepare bills, invoices, cancellation, refunds.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Prepare adjustment reports and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Month end billing verification
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies, investigate information from various source, select corrective steps
- File payment documents properly.
- File A/R invoice copies and all supporting documents properly.
- Maintain all current and prior year’s A/R and related files in good order.
- Act as a back up to the receptionist as required.
- Assist in preparing supporting data/documents for external auditors as requested.
- Perform any other administrative duties as required.