Department: Finance and Administration
Report to: Manager Finance
Salary range $48,000.00 to 58,000.00
1. Education/Language Requirements:
• A bachelor’s degree in business accounting or finance
• Or Inventory management certificate
• Bilingualism (English / French) is an asset
2. Skill/Experience Requirements:
• 2+ years of experience in inventory management
• Accounting, Corporate Finance and reporting skills
• strong speaking, writing, analytical, and organizational skills
• Attention to detail, deadline-oriented
• Is flexible and able to work independently and as part of the team
• Proficient in Excel and strong ability to learn, navigate ERP systems.
3. General Responsibilities:-
Inventory accountant is in charge of developing inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances, assists in internal control related to inventory valuation. Resolve inventory quantity and price discrepancy, co-ordinate inventory count, post inventory purchases, and provides inventory reports to management.
• Assess and monitor inventory transactions to ensure inventory records are accurate.
• Validate credit return inventory
• Monitor aged inventory and provide Obsolete report for revaluation
• Work with AP to ensure inventory purchases transaction records are posted accurate and timely
• Maintain and update inventory records
• Reconcile inventory discrepancies
• Review and analysis inventory activities to ensure accurate inventory value
• Work with Sales to ensure inventory item accurately created.
• Reconcile inventory accounts to General Ledger
• Prepare monthly journal entries as needed
• Co-ordinate with Warehouse inventory cycle counts
• Monitor the complete physical inventory count
• Ensure inventory count conduct according to procedure
• Prepare inventory count report, reconcile count report to GL inventory value
Accounting, Financial Reporting and Analysis
• Manage Accounts payable related to inventory purchases
• Month end journal entry preparation and account analysis
• Monthly reconciliation and review of assigned B/S and P&L accounts
• Identification of accounting issues related to inventory and sales and concise documentation of conclusion
• Month end, quarter end and yearend inventory cut off analysis
• Assist with month end, quarter end and yearend financial reports and analysis
• Assist with the required accounting analysis and reports for external audit purposes.
• Perform any other accounting duties as requested.
Employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits, health care spending account, employee & family assistance program, life insurance, AD&D, disability insurance, paid training opportunities, professional growth, company sponsored events and employee discount on equipment purchase and other discounts/perks.
A positive, safe and healthy work environment.
“Northern Micro is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please email us at accessibility@nmicro. ca and please specify the nature of your accommodation request. Please do not send your application through this email address as it is used only for accommodation requests.”
***Please send your resume in confidence to hr@nmicro. ca
We thank all applicants for their interest in applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position will be kept open until filled